Computer software and web development are part of the core services offered by Southfacing Services. We have a strong track record of developing a range of energy modelling (and related building design) software and web tools in house and for external clients that:
- Provide tools to promote sustainability and low carbon issues
- Inform initial building design in relation to energy performance
- Promote low carbon and energy efficient developments
- Incorporate calculated energy performance of buildings
- Provide a user friendly interface
- Present design options to reduce energy consumption with minimal capital investment
- Present performance data in a clear and understandable format
- Incorporate the potential contribution from Renewable Energy systems with associated costs
- Be useful to all sectors eg. design teams and architects, engineers, contractors and developers
Southfacing Services also developed the very highly regarded Carbon Checker building regulations Part L2A interface software in 2006/2007. This was subsequently sold to BuildDesk who now own and manage the software.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of software, please contact Mark Thompson (who is based in the Reading Office) via the Contact page.